Results of the International
Investment Forum Sochi 2015
Participants at the Forum included the Chairman of the Government of the Russian Federation Vladimir Putin; Deputy Chairmen of the Government of the Russian Federation Dmitrii Kozak, Igor Sechin and Sergei Ivanov; and Ministers Elvira Nabiullina, Igor Schegolev, Sergei Shmatko and Viktor Basargin.
The delegations of 32 of the 53 subjects of the Russian Federation represented at the Forum were led by Heads of Regions.
The work of the Forum was covered by 1400 journalists, including representatives of the television channels Rossiya 24, Russia Today, Pervii Kanal, Pyatii Kanal, НТВ, RBK, TVTs and Italian and German national television, as well as leading printed media: World Finance Review, Ekspert magazine, Rossiiskaya Gazeta, Ekonomika i Zhizn newspaper, Vedomosti, Biznes FM radio, and the news agencies Interfax, Prime Tass, Kapital Strani and others.
There were 548 overseas participants from 47 foreign states.
High level overseas guests took part in the events at the Forum:
- Aleksandr Ankvab, President of the Republic of Abkhazia
- Eduard Kokoity, President of the Republic of South Ossetia
- Jeannot Kreké, Minister for the Economy and External Trade of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg
- Predrag Sekulich, Minister for Stable Development and Tourism of the Republic of Montenegro
- Catia Polidori, Deputy Minister for the Economy of Italy
- Niyazi Safarov, Deputy Minister for Economic Development of the Azerbaijan Republic
- Eduardo Euba, Deputy General Director for Trade and Investment of the General Secretariat for External Trade of the Ministry for Industry, Tourism and Trade of Spain
- Jean-Paul Bachy, President of the Regional Council of Champagne-Ardenne, France
as well as 23 delegations from diplomatic missions of foreign states in Russia, 13 of which were led by Ambassadors Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary: Austria, India, Italy, Canada, Luxembourg, Moldova, Nigeria, UAE, Slovakia, the Sultanate of Oman, France, Sweden and Japan.
The largest delegations were from France, Germany, the USA, Italy, Great Britain, Austria and Japan.
The main events at the Forum were the Plenary Session with the Chairman of the Government of the Russian Federation Vladimir Putin.
The business programme at the Forum also included:
- a business breakfast hosted by Savings Bank of Russia
- The Russian Regions: Modernisation or Marginalisation? The Formula for Success
- the Investing in ASI Projects: Tools for Cooperation and Prospects briefing
- the Plenary Session Major Sporting Events as Profitable Investment for Business and a Stimulus for Stable Development: Maximising the Economic, Social and Environmental Heritage of Sochi 2014
- 26 round tables in which more than two thousand people took part
- a meeting of the Business Council of the Black Sea Economic Cooperation Organisation
- presentations by 8 subjects of the Russian Federation and company projects.
There was a working meeting of the First Deputy Head of the Administration (Governor) of Krasnodar Region Dzhambulat Khatuov and the Governor of Kurgansk Region Oleg Bogomolovii. A Protocol for an agreement on trade and economic, scientific and technical, and social cultural cooperation between the Administration of Krasnodar Region and the Government of Kurgansk Region.
The First Deputy Head of the Administration (Governor) of Krasnodar Region Dzhambulat Khatuov also held working meetings with the Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Republic of India Ajai Malhotra; with the Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Italian Republic in the Russian Federation Antonio Zarnadi Landi; with the General Director of Nestle Rossiya Stuart Irvine and with the General Director of the O’KEY group Patrick Longuet.
In total 139 Russian and overseas exhibitors had stands at the Forum.
The overall area of the congress-exhibition pavilions at the Forum totalled 15000 square metres.
The exhibition by 32 regions in the Russian Federation occupied an area of 3978 square metres.
The area of the Krasnodar Region pavilion totalled 2000 square metres.
Within the framework of the business programme at the Forum subjects of the Russian Federation signed 105 agreements to a value of 457.1 billion rubles.
The Administration of Krasnodar Region signed 43 agreements to a value of approximately 147.5 billion rubles. Heads of local authorities and organs of executive power signed 252 agreements to a total value of approximately 282 billion rubles. In total Krasnodar Region concluded 295 agreements worth 429.5 billion rubles. This is 38 agreements and 47.7 billion rubles more than in 2010.
Cultural and Sport Programme
There was a concert by Joe Cocker and famous Russian groups - Moralnii Kodeks, Mashina Vremeni and Valerii Syutkin among others - for Forum participants and guests and Sochi residents.
Tennis matches took place on the courts in the Rivera park for the Governor of Krasnodar Region Cup. Students from sports colleges in Krasnodar Region and Forum guests took part in the competitions.
Open regional sailing competitions were held at the yacht club in Sochi for teams and individual competitors from local authorities in Krasnodar Region and subjects of the Russian Federation.
The traditional Land Rover Cup business regatta took place for the third time at the Sochi Grand Marine (Sea Port in Sochi). More than 100 Forum participants took part in the races on 15 cruiser yachts, including managers of major Russian and overseas companies as well as civil servants.
There was a Chess Hall open for Forum participants and guests in Pavilion 10 on 16 and 17 September during the X International Investment Forum Sochi 2011, where anyone who wished to could try themselves in single combat against leading Russian Grand Masters.
There were the Kuban Cuisine and Kuban Wines festivals for Forum participants and guests.
For representatives of diplomatic missions in Russia an excursion was organised to one of the two sport clusters for the 2014 Olympic competitions - the coastal cluster, which will be situated on the Black Sea coast in the Imertinskaya Valley. Those on the excursion were able to learn about the progress of the construction of the Olympic Park, the central facility in the coastal cluster, as well as such sports facilities as the stadium, hockey rinks, the skating centre, the ice sports palace, the curling rink, the awards area, the open rink, the Olympic Village, the media centre, the hotel for members of the International Olympic Committee, outbuildings, etc.